We are excited to announce that inside church services will resume on Sunday, May 17, 2020. Sunday school will begin at 10 a.m. and the worship service at 11 a.m. Night services on Sunday (6 PM) and Wednesday (7 PM) will resume as well.
In light of everything going on with COVID-19, we need to establish new protocols for the health and safety of all who attend. The virus should not be taken lightly. It spreads quickly, and we should do our part to inhibit that spread. Remember there are some whose immune systems are compromised. Taking a common sense approach is the right thing to do. Anyone sick or running a fever should stay home; this should always be the practice. If you don’t feel comfortable returning to a group setting at this time, it is okay. Continue to watch services on Facebook (live) or YouTube. A printed version of the messages will be on the website.
Here are some changes/protocols to be aware of.
- It is recommended that face masks be worn.
- Be conscious of each other’s space and stay 6 feet apart in seating and gathering before and after services.
- Family members should sit together to save seating space for others.
- We may not be able to sit where we have regularly sat in the past because of distancing.
- We should not shake hands or hug.
- The church has been sanitized and this will continue in between services.
- Please do not leave papers/tissues, etc. in your seat; take them with you or put in a trash can.
- The basement door will not be used.
- Ushers will be at the upstairs doors to open and shut them.
- Collection plates will be at the doors for you to put your tithes and offerings in as you exit.
- We will not be having choir.
- Prayer requests will be handled differently.
- We will not have bulletins at this time.
- Because of distancing, all Sunday school classes will meet upstairs.
- This will be reviewed in a few weeks.
- Facebook Live service will start with the special singing.
We need to be sensible in what we do to protect ourselves and those around us. These are new practices and some are completely different from what we are used to. It will be hard not to shake hands and to stay 6 feet apart; however, if each one of us is determined to be as safe as we can for ourselves and others, with the help of the Lord we will be able to do it. We have not stopped being the church in all this because we are the church. But it will be wonderful to meet again at the church building. Welcome back!