The Trinity of God
- There is only one true and living God, and He is revealed in the scriptures as a Trinity.
- Three Persons make up the God head: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. They are not three different Gods but one God in three Persons.
- God had no beginning and will have no end. He is the Creator of all things and the righteous ruler and judge of the whole world.
- God the Son (Jesus) was in heaven with the Father before the world was made, and He is the One who had an earthly body. The Bible refers to this as God was made flesh and dwelt among us. This happened when Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Jesus is also called The Christ.
- God the Holy Spirit is as much God as the other Persons of the Trinity. He was sent to earth after Jesus ascended back to heaven. He is also called the Comforter and the Holy Ghost. A person receives the Holy Spirit upon acceptance of Jesus into his heart at salvation.
- Romans 3:23 states For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Through the fall of Adam the entire human race became the victim of sin. Every person is born a sinner and needs salvation. All are guilty before God.
- Acts 4:12 says Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. This is referring to Jesus Christ–see verse 10.
- The terms of salvation are recognition of the need of a Savior and repentance of sins by asking God to save us through the work of Christ when he died on the cross and rose from the dead. With the asking comes the belief that God can save. Romans 10:9 states that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him (Jesus) from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
- Salvation cannot be earned; it is the free gift of God. Man can do nothing that will earn him the right to go to heaven. Ephesians 2: 8-9 states For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works lest any man should boast.
- The Bible in I Timothy 3:16 states all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable…
- God used holy men such as Paul, Peter, James, and John to write the New Testament. Men such as Moses, David, Daniel, and Jeremiah wrote the Old Testament.
- It is infallible and inerrant.
Heaven and Hell
- Christianity holds the scriptural teaching as written in Matthew 25:46 that Heaven and Hell are literal places where departed souls will spend eternity.
- Hell is described as a fiery, everlasting punishment and is considered the second death. Heaven is described as blissful life eternal.
- A person’s destination depends upon what they do with Jesus as Savior in this life.